Hello fellow health seekers!
Do you bookend your day?
Just as there is the best procedure for optimizing the life of your car by how you start the heat in your car on a cold day, the steps in changing the oil or running your dishwasher, there are recommended steps in optimizing your day for optimum productivity and a sense of satisfaction and fulfilment. How?
You bookend it!
Start a daily routine.
• Drink a glass of water
• Do your exercises
• Do your meditation
• What is your goal for today?
• What act of kindness do you want to give to one person?
• What skill or strength do you want to develop?
Depending on whether you work from home or away will determine your next steps.
Don’t view your emails or social media until at least noon. They are time wasters!
In the morning:
• Make a list of 3 priorities
• Make a list of 3 people you need to call
• Make a list of 3 emails you need to respond to or more
• Take a break from the computer every 60 minutes by setting a timer on your cell phone. (keep your cell phone at least 10 steps away, so you have to get up to answer it and to minimize some of the EMF’s) Get up and stretch, do arm exercise, take 5 deep breathes.
Throughout the day:
• Practise Heart Math or mindfulness breathing to minimize stress.
At the end of the day before you walk in the front door at home:
• Imagine a tree just within reach
• Hang your troubles, stresses from the day on the tree and forget them.
Prior to Sleep:
• Review your day’s activities
• Write down 3 things you are grateful for and why
• Do a mindfulness or gratitude meditation
• Turn out the lights (preferably by 10 PM)
Make sure you do not have any electronics in the room, including cell phone and that your bedroom is completely dark
Make a schedule that fits your lifestyle and challenge yourself to keep it for at least 30 days until it becomes second nature. Your day will be more productive, you will feel less stressed and more fulfilled!
Winter is the time for hearty meals that feed your tummy and your soul.
I hope you can join me for an upcoming evening Food Class:
Hearty One-Dish Meal Food Class
Thursday, January 25th, 6-9 PM, Burlington (another class in Toronto will be announced shortly)
Assorted Non-Dairy Cheeses and Crackers
Lentil Soup with Eastern Flavours
Vegetarian Taco Salad over Romaine
Green Vegetable Rice Bowl with Avocado
Triple Berry Mousse
To register: please send $70 e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a private home, the address will be provided upon payment.
There are a number of online free Summits starting this week, the BrokenBrain.com airs tomorrow (a must watch), Winter of Wellness.com and worldstemsummit.com
Good health is a choice, so choose wisely!